Ways to deepen your understanding and support initiatives advancing equity, affordability, and environmental vitality in housing
Tools and Resources
- Ready for elections in November? SPUR has analyzed local and state measures to include equity impacts, pros and cons, and recommendations in this 2022 Voting Guide.
- *NEW* Equitable Home Electrification Toolkit is intended to help communities across the US take meaningful steps towards equitably electrifying existing housing stock. (RMI and Emerald Cities Collaborative)
- Looking to fund your Affordable Housing projects? Through the Permanent Local Housing Allocation Program Formula Component, applicants can access $465 million in funding for predevelopment, development, acquisition, rehabilitation, and preservation of affordable multifamily, residential live-work, and rental housing. Applications have a deadline of October 31, 2022.
- The DOE announced a new equity-focused prize competition to accelerate decarbonization and support community driven clean energy solutions. The competition is open to teams of local partners, organized into coalitions and centered around community-based nonprofits. Submission deadline is December 7.
Engage and Network
Upcoming opportunities to learn about intersectional approaches and work
Events to Check Out (in PT unless otherwise noted)
- Oct 13 | 10 – 11:30am. Beyond City Limits (Greenbelt Alliance)
- Oct 19-20 | 6 – 8pm. Marin Green Home Tour
- Oct 25 | 10am – 3pm. Redwood City. Housing Leadership Day 2022 (Housing Leadership Council)
- Oct 25 | 5 – 8:30pm. Housing Heroes Awards (Housing Action Coalition)
- Oct 27-28. Bakersfield. California Economic Summit (CA Fwd)
- Nov. 1-3. San Francisco. Greenbuild International Conference + Expo (USGBC)
Stories of efforts that can enable holistic, regenerative change in California housing and communities
- Unleash the Swarm: Reviving Small-Scale Development in America’s Cities (Strong Towns)
- Climate Crossroads: California’s Readiness to Act on Climate Resilience (California Resilience Partnership)
Header image courtesy of StinkyJess on iStock.