Green 100: Real Estate for a Sustainable Future
Course Objective: The overall goals of the Green 100: Real Estate for a Sustainable Future course are to:
- Lead students through an exploration of issues and trends in relation to real estate's role in finding the balance between people, planet, and prosperity
- Instill the mindset essential to building a green-focused real estate business
- Enable students to provide objective information to clients and customers on nationally recognized certifications and ratings programs that evaluate homes, products, energy efficiency, and professionals
Upon completion of two of the three required courses and successfully passing the exam for each, you will have achieved GREEN candidate status, a one-year period during which you must fulfill the educational and experiential requirements to earn NAR's Green Designation awarded by the Green REsource Council.
100.1: How to Think About Sustainability Participate in achieving a balanced approach to the priorities of people, prosperity, and planet Respond to consumer perceptions of what green means in the presence of a proliferation of green products, programs, and businesses
100.2: Green Game Changers Apply knowledge of green trends and approaches to business planning
100.3: Sustainability, Community, Value Witness the principles of sustainability at work in your community and the relationship to property values
100.4: Energy Diagnostics Guide buyers and sellers in obtaining meaningful energy ratings and assessments
100.5: Green Certifications and Ratings Demonstrate your knowledge of national green certifications and ratings programs for energy efficiency Help consumers understand the significance of national green certifications and ratings programs for homes, construction materials, and professionals
Course Credits: The first of three required courses for the NAR's Green Designation.
- Counts as one REBAC elective course to be applied towards the ABR® Designation
- Counts for 16 credits toward the CRS Designation
- Counts as credit toward the RSPS Certification
Duration: 1 Day | Format: Classroom