Home Performance Advisor
The Home Performance Advisor (HPA) plays a key role in the success of the Energy Upgrade California® Home Upgrade rebate program – a key statewide initiative to help California reduce its energy use and greenhouse gas emissions. The HPA assists homeowners interested in making energy-saving upgrades by answering their questions about the rebate program and about smart energy efficiency strategies. The HPA connects homeowners with the appropriate contractors, and serves as a trusted advisor throughout their Home Upgrade process.
The HPA will receive training to become a skilled energy efficiency advisor to homeowners, as well as a resource for contractors with questions about the Home Upgrade Program. HPAs will achieve the Building Performance Institute’s (BPI) Knowledge Certificate, and Build It Green’s own Certified Green Building Professional training.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
- Answer phone calls to assist homeowners interested in energy efficient upgrades and the Energy Upgrade California® Home Upgrade program.
- Provide excellent phone and email customer service to participating contractors, answering their Home Upgrade program questions and connecting them to resources.
- Record and track homeowner calls in our Salesforce database, and assist with monthly reporting and analysis of marketing leads.
- Help develop new strategies to more effectively engage homeowners and to match the Home Upgrade program to homeowner needs.
- Provide email outreach and follow-up support to both homeowners and contractors.
- Help research and recruit contractors to Home Upgrade and other green building or energy efficiency programs.
- Provide administrative, research, marketing, and technical support to other Build It Green programs.
- Support the planning and delivery of events such as workshops, webinars, and meetings.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to listen effectively, to select and use appropriate communication methods, and to present ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Work effectively as a part of a team.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities to completion.
- Complete work with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Respond effectively to changing situations and sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- View every action and decision in terms of organization and customer impact.
- Basic proficiency with Salesforce or a similar customer relationship management platform.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office Suite and Windows operating system.
- Optional: Experience or knowledge in construction or remodeling, green building, energy efficiency, or renewable energy.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree (A.A.) from an accredited college in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required; Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited college in a related field preferred.
- Minimum two years in related experience in a customer service, outreach, sales, or administrative associate role. Or, experience in a related home, construction, or environmental field
How Can You Be Considered for the Position?
When Is the Deadline to Apply?
Please submit all required application materials by May 15, 2015. Build It Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. All applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.