Topic: Zero Net Energy
Join Build It Green for Part 1 of our Zero Net Energy workshop series! In this session, ZNE Passive design strategies, we will discuss design approaches to maximize a ZNE home through the site selection, building orientation, wall and space design, and material selection. We will also:
- Discuss the effects of wind, temperature, and pressure on the overall comfort of a home.
- Explore daylight lighting and natural ventilation design strategies.
- Discuss the characteristics of human psychology in terms of perceived comfort.
- Review building materials and finishes as they relate to energy and building performance.
- Discuss how passive strategies and assist active systems adapt and affect future uses of the home.
Certified Green Building Professional CEU Value: 1.5 credits
5:30-5:45 Sign In, Food
5:45-7:10 Topic Presentation
7:10-7:30 Q & A, Networking
Registration: Pre-registration on our website is encouraged and incentivized and is available until 2:30pm on Wednesday, October 30th. When preregistering online, folks may pay by credit card. We accept credit card payments at the door as well.
Door Price (Not Pre-Registered):
$15 /Members and Non-Members
This venue is BART accessible. Exit at 12th Street/City Center. On-street and garage parking is available for a fee.
Build It Green encourages carpooling to our events and we recommend posting comments in the section below to make arrangements with other attendees.
Things To Bring: Attendees are encouraged to bring business cards for networking purposes.
About our Technical Workshops: Hear from expert speakers on the latest green building issues and share your own experience with your peers. Meetings take place in the South Bay, East Bay, North Bay, and San Francisco.