Field Quality Control Project Associate
Build It Green is seeking a Project Associate – Field Quality Control (QC) to join our team!
WHO WE ARE
BIG is a nonprofit with a Mission to help professionals adopt green practices and grow the market for efficient, healthy homes. Our Vision is a nation where every home is built or renovated to enhance our well-being and protect the environment. BIG’s pioneering work is transforming how homes are built and renovated in California and beyond. Learn more at www.builditgreen.org.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
BIG is a rapidly growing organization and recognized national leader. We are driving some of the most innovative and exciting initiatives in the residential building and energy industries. BIG offers a friendly, positive, and passionate work culture. Our office is conveniently located in downtown Oakland near the City Center with easy access to great eateries, 12th Street BART, major AC Transit bus lines and other great amenities. Build It Green offers competitive salaries and a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching; paid holidays and paid time off.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Project Associate - Field Quality Control (QC) handles a wide range of administrative tasks related to the Field QC department in support of Build It Green (BIG) administered Programs. The Project Associate must possess solid communication skills, demonstrated customer service and issue resolution abilities, is flexible and open to changing priorities, and able to perform a variety of administrative support functions.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications…
- Min 2 year in related experience in an administrative associate role or related position.
- Working knowledge of role-specific responsibility areas as it relates to administrative process and procedures.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to listen effectively, to select and use appropriate communication methods, and to present ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work effectively as a part of a team
- Knowledge of green building practices and energy efficiency
- Experience with web development, user experience design, project management, etc.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, SQL, VBA, and/or other programming languages
- Salesforce certification
- Advanced Excel skills
Work Management Skills
Demonstrate ability to:
- Complete contract or project tasks as directed, with limited supervision.
- Provide input when requested to project or program strategies, procedures, and plans.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities to completion.
- Complete work with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Respond effectively to changing situations and sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- View every action and decision in terms of organization and customer impact.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office Suite and Windows operating system.
- Basic proficiency with HTML, Salesforce, and webinar communication programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Valid California Driver’s License
Education and Experience
- Associate's degree (A.A.) from an accredited college in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How Can You Be Considered to Join Our Team?
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE TO APPLY?
Please submit all required application materials by January 15, 2016.
Build It Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. All applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.