Natalie Gubb Commons achieved GPR Platinum certification, making it one of the highest-rated affordable multifamily GPR projects to date. Projected savings from the high-performance complex include:
- 41% reduction in energy usage compared to baseline
- 19% reduction in water usage compared to baseline
- 41 tons of solid waste diverted from landfill
- 119.58 tons of CO2 emissions avoided
- $285 estimated annual savings per unit on gas and electric
The development features a large, central courtyard with chairs and tables, a basketball court, a children’s play zone, vegetated roof areas, and a childcare center serving residents onsite and from the surrounding community. One of the first blocks to be completed in the Transbay Redevelopment area, this healthy mixed-use urban space supports environmental, occupant, and community well-being while keeping families working, living and playing together in San Francisco.