|May 16, 2014 5:00 PM PDT|
Who are we?
Build It Green is a professional non-profit membership organization whose mission is to promote healthy, energy- and resource-efficient buildings in California. Supported by a solid foundation of outreach and education, Build It Green connects consumers and building professionals with tools and technical expertise to build quality green buildings. Build It Green fosters collaboration with key stakeholder groups to accelerate the adoption of green building practices, policies and programs. For more information, visit www.builditgreen.org.
What is the Opportunity?
Build It Green is seeking a Project Assistant to join our team in the Los Angeles area! The Southern California Project Assistant reporting to the Southern California Regional Manager is responsible for providing administrative and clerical assistance to the Southern California Division staff as needed, with an emphasis on support of green real estate programs that are part of the Southern California Regional Energy Network.
The Project Assistant will be responsible for the following key duties and responsibilities:
• Provide administrative and clerical support including: filing, copying, faxing, mailing/shipping, answering phones, email correspondence, reception/greeting guests, performing data entry and data management, file management, supply inventory, travel arrangements, drafting documents, etc.
• Support Project Managers with on-demand tasks requests, which could include, but are not limited to: researching local real estate offices and their respective sales/training manager, realtor outreach, presentation creation, document formatting and editing, coordinating and executing mail merges and mailings, internet research, purchasing supplies, assisting maintenance of website and communications systems and other special projects.
• Support the planning of offsite events, which could include: researching and coordinating location rentals, arranging catering needs, assisting with outreach, personally staffing events and coordinating travel arrangements.
• Provide frontline external and internal customer service for the organization, providing basic information for the Green Real Estate Initiative and Energy Upgrade California Multifamily Program in Southern California, and routing phone and email correspondence to the appropriate staff.
• Provide support to consumer marketing and other campaigns.
• Track proposed and confirmed dates of upcoming trainings events for real estate and other professionals.
• Review goals with Project Manager on a quarterly basis to determine how he/she can help accomplish goals.
• Assist other Project Managers and fellow Build It Green staff on other projects as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate's degree (A.A.) from an accredited college in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Min 1 year in related experience in clerical and administrative support role or related position.
• Entry-level knowledge of clerical and administrative support responsibility areas.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to listen effectively, to select and use appropriate communication methods, and to present ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to multi-task a must; able to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment to completion.
• Ability to manage time efficiently and complete administrative tasks as directed, with limited supervision.
• Ability to respond effectively to changing situations and sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Ability to view every action and decision in terms of organization and customer impact.
• Light and overnight travel required to support Build It Green’s real estate training efforts.
• Intermediate proficiency with MS Office Suite and Windows operating system.
• Basic proficiency with Salesforce preferred.
Why Join Our Team?
Build It Green is a rapidly growing, multifaceted organization that provides an industrious and exciting work culture comprised of experts in the field of green energy and green building practices. Build It Green’s Southern California offices are located in Central Los Angeles in a building where a few popular shows are filmed. off of the 110 freeway. Build It Green offers competitive salaries and a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching; paid holidays and paid time off.
How Can You Be Considered to Join Our Team?
E-mail a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please type “Job Code – So Cal Project Assistant” in the subject line of your email. Internal applications will be screened for qualifications and experience, and all required application elements. Not all internal applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be offered an interview.
When is the Deadline to Apply?
Please submit all required application materials by May 31, 2014.
Build It Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. All applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. No phone calls please.
|For additional information on this release, please contact:|
|(510) 590-3360 X 113|
|Source: Human Resources||Website:|
|Other Recent Releases:|