|Jan 31, 2014 1:00 PM PST|
Administrative Project Associate
Who are we?
Build It Green is a professional non-profit membership organization whose mission is to promote healthy, energy- and resource-efficient buildings in California. Supported by a solid foundation of outreach and education, Build It Green connects consumers and building professionals with tools and technical expertise to build quality green buildings. Build It Green fosters collaboration with key stakeholder groups to accelerate the adoption of green building practices, policies and programs. For more information, visit www.builditgreen.org.
Why Join Our Team?
Build It Green is a rapidly growing, multifaceted organization that provides an industrious and exciting work culture comprised of experts in the field of green energy and green building practices. Build It Green’s offices offer sweeping skyline views with loads of natural light and are conveniently located in downtown Oakland near the City Center with easy access to great eateries, 12th Street BART, major AC Transit bus lines and other great amenities. Build It Green offers competitive salaries and a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching; gym membership subsidy, paid holidays and paid time off.
What is the Opportunity?
Build It Green is seeking a Part-time Administrative – Project Assistant to join our team!
The Administrative Project Assistant reporting to the Deputy Executive Director is responsible for providing administrative and clerical assistance to support the business development and operational functions within the organization.
The Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Administrative Project Assistant are to:
• Provide administrative and clerical support including: filing, copying, faxing, mailing/shipping, answering phones, email correspondence, reception/greeting guests, performing data entry and data management, file management, supply inventory, travel arrangements, drafting documents, etc.
• Support Deputy Executive Director with “on demand” tasks requests, which could include: document formatting and editing, coordinating and executing mail merges and mailings, spreadsheet manipulation, internet research, scheduling travel, calendaring meetings and events, managing task lists and action items, and compiling expense reports.
• Record and circulate minutes for various staff meetings
• Copy-edit documents and reports
• Assist in the development of PowerPoint presentations
• Maintain resumes and organizational qualifications for proposal development purposes
• Assist with customer service, providing phone, email and web support to customers and clients.
• Assist other Program Managers and fellow Build It Green staff on other projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Completion of at least two years from an accredited college in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year in related experience in reception, clerical and administrative support or related position.
• Prepare professional-quality written reports
• Excellent written communication skills including the ability to present ideas and information effectively, with attention to proper grammar and spelling.
• Complete administrative tasks as directed, with limited supervision.
• Manage multiple tasks and priorities to completion.
• Complete work with accuracy and thoroughness.
• Respond effectively to changing situations and sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Intermediate proficiency with MS Office Suite and Windows operating system, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Basic proficiency with HTML, Salesforce, and webinar communication programs a plus.
• Work effectively as a part of a team.
• May coordinate activities between departments and outside parties.
How Can You Be Considered to Join Our Team?
E-mail your cover letter, resume and references to Jobs@BuildItGreen.org for consideration. Please type “Job Code – Part-time Administrative Project Assistant” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be screened for qualifications and experience, and all required application elements. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be offered an interview.
When is the Deadline to Apply?
Please submit all required application materials by February 17, 2014.
Build It Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. All applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. No phone calls please.
|For additional information on this release, please contact:|
|(510) 590-3360 X113|
|Source: Human Resources||Website:|
|Other Recent Releases:|