|Dec 17, 2013 6:00 PM PST|
Who are we?
Build It Green is a professional non-profit membership organization whose mission is to promote healthy, energy- and resource-efficient buildings in California. Supported by a solid foundation of outreach and education, Build It Green connects consumers and building professionals with tools and technical expertise to build quality green buildings. Build It Green fosters collaboration with key stakeholder groups to accelerate the adoption of green building practices, policies and programs. For more information, visit www.builditgreen.org.
Why Join Our Team?
Build It Green is a rapidly growing, multifaceted organization that provides an industrious and exciting work culture comprised of experts in the field of green energy and green building practices. Build It Green’s offices offer sweeping skyline views with loads of natural light and are conveniently located in downtown Oakland near the City Center with easy access to great eateries, 12th Street BART, major AC Transit bus lines and other great amenities. Build It Green offers competitive salaries and a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching; paid holidays and paid time off; and gym membership subsidy.
What is the Opportunity?
Build It Green is seeking a HVAC Specialist to join our team!
The HVAC Specialist, reporting to the Senior Project Manager for the AC Quality Care Program, will support contractors participating in utility programs implemented by Build It Green. This individual will be seen both internally and externally as an HVAC system expert providing technical advice, technician training, Field Quality Control supervision and Quality Control issue escalations from customers or the utility client. This individual may also be requested to support the Whole House Program during busier periods. This position requires up to 50% travel within the state of California, mostly within the Central Valley, with occasional overnight stays.
The key duties and responsibilities of the HVAC Specialist are…
• Leading a team of qualified field inspectors comprised of both employees and independent contractors to meet program Field Quality Control requirements
• Supervising administrative staff activities related to field verification scheduling, field personnel dispatch, tracking, and reporting
• Assuring high performance standards for timely scheduling, positive client relations, and Quality Control rigor
• Provide high-quality field mentoring opportunities for participating HVAC professionals
• Ensure strict enforcement of program health and safety standards. Review and recommend updates and enhancements to the health and safety plan
• Conduct follow-up Quality Control of field verifiers to ensure adherence to program standards and best practices
• Participate in dispute resolution processes when Quality Control activities produce adverse outcomes for contractors participating in the program
• Lead the ongoing refinement and enhancement of the Quality Control standards, installation specifications, and Quality Control delivery systems
• Support on going refinement and enhancement of training curriculum
• Coordinate with IT personnel on the development and maintenance of IT systems to
support Quality Control performance
• Conduct field verification visits as needed
• Provided monthly Quality Control reporting and summary of Quality Control failures
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications…
• Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience a strong plus
• Minimum 6 years of experience in HVAC, or related field, leading to advanced knowledge and hands-on expertise in residential building science specific to heating, cooling, and/or other energy efficiency practices and project.
• HVAC experience a must. preferred
• Intermediate proficiency with MS Office Suite and Windows operating system
• Experience working with residential HVAC contractors and professional clients, working in home energy upgrade programs or HERS Raters experience and/or working in the Commercial HVAC industry a plus
• EPA Universal or Class II refrigerant recovery, BPI, C-20, HERS, and/or NATE certifications a plus
• Building Science experience and/or Air Condition Contractors of America Standard 4 (ACCA 4) knowledge and experience preferred
• Basic proficiency with Salesforce requested, but not required
How Can You Be Considered to Join Our Team?
E-mail your cover letter, resume and references to Jobs@BuildItGreen.org for consideration. Please type “Job Code – HVAC Specialist ” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be screened for qualifications and experience, and all required application elements. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be offered an interview.
When is the Deadline to Apply?
Please submit all required application materials by January 3, 2014. Build It Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. All applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.
|For additional information on this release, please contact:|
|Tracie Delos Santos|
|Source: Human Resources||Website:|
|Other Recent Releases:|