|Dec 13, 2013 3:00 PM PST|
Key Account Manager
Who are we?
Build It Green is a professional non-profit membership organization whose mission is to promote healthy, energy- and resource-efficient buildings in California. Supported by a solid foundation of outreach and education, Build It Green connects consumers and building professionals with tools and technical expertise to build quality green buildings. Build It Green fosters collaboration with key stakeholder groups to accelerate the adoption of green building practices, policies and programs. For more information, visit www.builditgreen.org.
Why Join Our Team?
Build It Green is a rapidly growing, multifaceted organization that provides an industrious and exciting work culture comprised of experts in the field of green energy and green building practices. Build It Green’s offices offer sweeping skyline views with loads of natural light and are conveniently located in downtown Oakland near the City Center with easy access to great eateries, 12th Street BART, major AC Transit bus lines and other great amenities. Build It Green offers competitive salaries and a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching; paid holidays and paid time off; and gym membership subsidy.
What is the Opportunity?
The Key Account Manager is responsible for supporting key contractors participating in utility programs implemented and managed by Build It Green. The Key Account Manager is responsible for relationship development, mentoring, communications, and overall support of contractors who represent our key accounts. The Key Account Manager will travel within the state of California, primarily within PG&E’s service territory to manage key accounts.
The key duties and responsibilities of the Key Account Manager are…
• Relationship development and management with key contractors.
• Mentoring key contractors.
• Communication and over all support of key contractors.
• Reporting to program managers on account management activities, issues identified by contractors, and any other feedback collected in the field.
• Speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Preparing and delivering presentations on the utility programs managed by Build It Green and/or represent Build It Green to external audiences.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications…
• Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience and an intermediate working knowledge of energy efficiency, building science, HVAC, construction or related fields.
• Experience working with residential contractors and professional clients.
• Valid California Driver’s License.
• Position requires travel within California up to 50% of time on the job.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to listen effectively, to select and use appropriate communication methods, and to present ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to communicate with diverse audiences, and to know the appropriate communication method for the given audience
• BPI, C-20, and/or NATE certifications preferred.
• Basic proficiency with Salesforce preferred.
• Building Science or HVAC experience preferred.
How Can You Be Considered to Join Our Team?
E-mail your cover letter, resume and references to Jobs@BuildItGreen.org for consideration. Please type “Job Code – Key Account Manager” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be screened for qualifications and experience, and all required application elements. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be offered an interview.
When is the Deadline to Apply?
Please submit all required application materials by January 3, 2014.
Build It Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. All applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
|For additional information on this release, please contact:|
|Source: Human Resources||Website:|
|Other Recent Releases:|