Orange County Association of REALTORS®
NAR Green 100: Real Estate for a Sustainable Future
Thursday, Oct 2 | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
NAR Green 200: The Science of Green Building
Monday, Oct 6 | 8:00 am – 5:00 pmNAR Green 300: Green Your Real Estate Business
Tuesday, Oct 7 | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
More homebuyers are demanding green and energy-saving features in their next homes. Are you prepared to assist them? Gain a competitive advantage and learn how to become your clients’ go-to resource for
buying or selling a more efficient, money-saving, healthyhome.
Join us for a three-day training to learn green real estate concepts, principles, practices and benefits from the ground up in a way that makes sense to you and your clients. You’ll stand out from the crowd by earning the only green designation for real estate agents conferred by the National Association of REALTORS®.
Green 100 Course Description
This 1-day course leads students through an exploration of issues and trends in relation to real estate's role in finding the balance between people, planet, and prosperity. Students learn how to respond to consumer perceptions of what green means in the presence of a proliferation of green products, programs, and businesses as well as help consumers understand the significance of national green certifications and ratings programs for homes, energy efficiency, construction materials, and professionals. The course seeks to instill the mindset essential to building a green-focused real estate business so that students can apply knowledge of green trends and approaches to business planning.
Green 200 Course Description
Working from the outside of the home to the inside, Green 200: The Science of Green Building familiarizes students with green principles and choices in home design and construction. The course begins with site analysis and orientation followed by constructing the building envelope and choosing green systems. Students learn how building components and systems interrelate to create a green home. A special chapter looks at how net zero energy homes generate their own power and sell back to the grid. The course concludes with an exploration levels and cost-benefits of retrofitting, remodeling, or renovating for existing homes.
Green 300 Course Description
Now more than ever, current and future homeowners are motivated to understand green cost savings and health benefits. This course gives professionals the training they need to represent today's sellers and buyers. Green 300: Greening Your Real Estate Business is the third day of three required courses comprising the curriculum of NAR's Green Designation, the only designation of its kind recognized by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
Earning NAR's Green Designation
Upon completion of the three required courses and successfully passing the exam for each, you will have achieved GREEN candidate status, a one-year period during which you must fulfill the educational and experiential requirements to earn NAR's Green Designation awarded by the Green REsource Council.
- Thanks to the generous support of The Energy Network there is no registration fee for this training.
Requirements for the NAR Green Designation certification
- Attendance - Participants must attend all three (3) training days.
- Pass the exam - Participants must receive a passing grade of 80% on each exam (separate exams are given for Green 100, Green 200 and Green 300). If you do not receive a passing grade, you may attend a future training and re-take the exam. Otherwise, please contact Build It Green to arrange an exam re-take at email@example.com.
- Proof that you are licensed or working as one of the following - Real Estate Agent, Real Estate Broker, Real Estate Appraiser, Residential Mortgage Lender, California Finance Lender, Escrow Company, Financial Institution
- Provide NRDS ID # - Participants must provide their NRDS ID on the day of the training. NRDS ID # can be found at NAR's website.
Breakfast, Lunch, and snacks will be provided.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 285-6221
Event hosted by: