Customer Support Associate
The Customer Support Associate (CSA) plays a key role in the success of Build It Green’s programs and partner programs, with a focus on the Energy Upgrade California® Home Upgrade – a statewide initiative to help California reduce its energy use and greenhouse gas emissions. Under Energy Upgrade California® Home Upgrade, the CSA serves as a resource for homeowners interested in making energy-saving upgrades by answering their questions about the rebate program and helping them move forward with the upgrade process.
Also, the CSA supports contractors and building professionals as a resource for programmatic and technical information.
The CSA will receive training to become an advisor and resource for both homeowners and contractors, which includes achieving the Building Performance Institute’s (BPI) Knowledge Certificate and Build It Green’s own Certified Green Building Professional certification.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
- Provide customer service and outreach by phone, email, and written correspondence in support of homeowners interested in energy efficient upgrades.
- Serve as an informational and technical resource to contractors interested in or currently participating in Energy Upgrade California® Home Upgrade.
- Record and track all homeowner and contractor interactions in Salesforce, and assist with monthly reporting.
- Assist in the development of strategies to effectively engage homeowners and to match the Home Upgrade program to homeowner needs.
- Develop and maintain a breadth of knowledge related to the various programs and partner programs administered by Build It Green.
- Provide customer service, administrative, outreach, and technical support to other programs as needed.
- Support the planning and delivery of events such as meetings, webinars, and workshops.
- Maintain a positive attitude, and exhibit professionalism at all times, particularly in difficult situations.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Passion for providing high quality customer service, preferably with experience in a contact center environment.
- Effective, professional communicator both orally and in writing, with an ability to listen actively and respond appropriately to various customer inquiries.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities thoroughly and accurately in a high volume customer service and/or outreach setting.
- A team player with the initiative and ability to work independently.
- A commitment to Build It Green’s mission.
- Basic proficiency with Salesforce or a similar CRM.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Windows operating system.
- Experience or interest in energy efficiency, home performance, green building, or inside sales is a plus.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday, 9:30AM – 6PM.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree (A.A.) from an accredited college in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required; Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited college in a related field preferred.
- Minimum two years in related experience in a customer service, outreach, sales, or administrative role.
How to Apply
Applications will be screened for qualifications and experience, and all required application elements. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be offered an interview.
When Is the Deadline to Apply?
Please submit all required application materials by August 10, 2015. Build It Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. All applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.