Dates: March 6th - 7th, 10th - 13th | Costa Mesa, CA
- 3/6/14: Classroom training | 8:30 am – 5 pm
- 3/7/14: Classroom training | 8:30 am – 5 pm
- 3/8/14: Weekend - NO TRAINING
- 3/9/14: Weekend - NO TRAINING
- 3/10/14: Classroom training | 8:30 am – 5 pm
- 3/11/14: Classroom training | 8:30 am – 5 pm
- 3/12/14: Classroom training and field tutorial | 8:30 am – 5 pm
- 3/13/14: Exams | 8:30 am – 3 pm
- Training: Free*
- BPI Exam: $500
- GreenPoint Rated Exam: Free
* To become certified as a GreenPoint Rated Existing Home Multifamily Rater, you must have taken and passed CGBP (or equivalent) and GreenPoint Rated Core. Both of these trainings cost $450 and are not part of this training. Contact Build It Green’s Education department at 510-285-6221 or email@example.com to sign-up for those trainings.
Prerequisites for Rater entry into MF program:
Applicants must hold two of the following certifications
- RESNET Rater or California Whole-House Home Energy (HERS II) Rater
- BPI Multifamily Building Analyst (BPI MF BA)
- GreenPoint Rated Existing Home Multifamily Rater
Prerequisites for BPI certification:
No prerequisites are needed to become certified as a BPI MF BA.
Prerequisites GreenPoint Rated Existing Home Multifamily certification:
Space is limited. A maximum of two (2) qualified individuals per company may attend. Preference will be given to those with the most relevant experience. For those pursuing GreenPoint Rated certification you must make arrangements to attend the other trainings (CGBP and GPR Core) before getting certified as an Existing Home Multifamily GreenPoint Rater. Each of those other trainings is $450 per training.
To sign up for this training:
- Complete the application (see below).
- Register and pay for the BPI Multifamily Building Analyst exam ($500). A link to proceed with payment will be provided upon approval of this application.
- Attendees must agree to provide feedback and participate in a limited number of focus groups
Please plan to bring:
- A laptop computer that can connect to wireless internet (for the BPI exam)
- A tape measure, pencil, pen, clipboard, and notepad
For more information, contact Build It Green at 510-285-6221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read full course description.
*Upon completing this training and passing the BPI Multifamily Building Analyst exam, attendees will be placed on a list of multifamily raters qualified to serve the Energy Upgrade California PG&E Multifamily Program. However, this training does not result in a certification from CalCERTS, Inc. or the State of California. Attendees may sit for the GreenPoint Rated Existing Home Multifamily Rater exam upon completion of this course, but must pre-submit a separate application to verify eligibility for that certification.
This program is brought to you by The Energy Network in collaboration with Build It Green, Association for Energy Affordability, and CalCERTS.
Energy Upgrade California™ is a program of the California Public Utilities Commission in collaboration with the California Energy Commission, California counties, cities, nonprofit organizations, and the state’s investor-owned utilities. Funding comes from the utilities’ ratepayers under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission in addition to incremental funding from the Department of Energy.© 2013 Energy Upgrade California. Trademarks are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.