January | 2014
Build It Green's Impact:
Transforming the Marketplace
As we enter 2014 and consider our goals and directions in the New Year, Build It Green (BIG) invites you to pause for a moment and look back at what we in the green building community have achieved together over the past two years.
I’m pleased to report that in 2012-2013, BIG has made impressive strides in our mission to expand the adoption of green building practices and to grow the market for green homes. Our 2012–2013 Impact Report (pdf) is our chance to share this story with you: our accomplishments, our lessons learned, and our path forward.
4 Strategic Challenges
In 2012 and 2013, we focused on four strategic challenges that we identified as keys to expanding the market for green building.
Highlights of Our Accomplishments
By pursuing these four strategies, Build It Green has made impressive achievements over the past two years:
Training and empowering professionals to adopt green building practices and then promote them to build their business.
- Stimulating consumer demand for green homes and our GreenPoint Rated certification.
- Incentivizing existing home energy efficiency upgrades and simplifying the upgrade process.
- Incentivizing the real estate industry to promote green retrofits at point of purchase.
I'm immensely proud of Build It Green's achievements in collaboration with partners ranging from PG&E to the hundreds of green home builders, contractors, and raters across our state. We're looking forward to supporting your work in 2014. So let's get started!
- 21,000 total certified GreenPoint Rated homes as of 2013, with 17,000 more in the pipeline have established GreenPoint Rated as the most trusted home rating system in California.
- 66 green building trainings attracted 1,736 attendees and led to 437 professional certifications.
- 238 real estate professionals were trained through our groundbreaking new green real estate certification program.
- 1,461 technical green building questions were answered through our Ask an Expert service.
- 5,703 retrofits were completed through BIG's administration of the Energy Upgrade California Home Upgrade program in the PG&E territory -- more than any other residential program in California.
|| Happy New Year,
Build It Green
Are You Ready for GreenPoint Rated 6.0?
GreenPoint Rated Version 6.0 is online in 2014. Are you ready? Join Build it Green for a free webinar to learn about the changes and to prepare your business for its implementation.
GreenPoint Rated - All About Version 6.0 (for the public and building professionals)
Jan. 15, 2014 | Register Now
GreenPoint Rated Version 6 for Raters
(mandatory for all Raters)
Jan. 23, 2014 | Register Now (login required)
Raters: To maintain your Rater certification, you will be required to participate in a live or recorded webinar on GPR v6.0.
Download Free GreenPoint Rated Signage
Are you taking advantage of our signs, flyers, and brochures to market the benefits of a GreenPoint Rated new home to your customers?
We just made it even easier to download a free pdf of our Open House Green Features sign and related flyer. Explore our marketing collateral on our website.
Browse Collateral >>
Get a New Professional Certification in 2014
The coming year is your chance to get trained and achieve one of Build It Green's professional certifications. In winter and spring 2014, we'll offer our next round of trainings in Modesto. Save the date or register for the following trainings:
Certified Green Building
Thurs.-Fri., Feb. 20-21 | Modesto
GreenPoint Core (save the date)
Thurs.-Sat., March 20-22 (half day on Saturday) | Modesto
GreenPoint Rated New Home (save the date)
Wed., April 2 | Modesto
GreenPoint Rated Existing Home (save the date)
Thurs.-Fri., April 3-4 | Modesto
To reach our Education Department, email email@example.com, or call 510-590-3360, Ext. 603.
Check the Build It Green events calendar for all upcoming workshops, classes, webinars, networking events, and trainings